Friday, January 15, 2010

Praia da pipa







Sooo.. our journey continues with another full day of beautiful beaches. Our first stop was praia da pipa.. The water was crystal clear and almost too warm. What I really enjoyed was the cute town surrounding the beach with dozens of lojas (stores) and restaurantes. There were tourists everywhere yet everyone spoke Portuguese. Guess we were the only legit tourists.. Haha. Britt and I bought congas (sarong/beach towel) so we're practically locals now ;-) I also had an authentic acai bowl for lunch. It was surprisingly similar to the ones I got in Santa Cruz. Lastly, we decided that we're gonna buy little "hippie"bracelets at every city we go to. One down, 8 to go! Anyway, we spent enough time there to acquire a sun burn before packing our things to go to whatever else the boys had in mind. Turns out it was playing forro music in the car at full volume while yelling the lyrics while britt and I tried to understand any of the words. An hour of driving and "singing"later and we were at that largest caju tree in the world! How exciting! Hahaha but the tree was pretty crazy. It looked more like a shrub and covered a few acres!

We came back to the house a little early tonight.. After a long night last night and an early morning resulted in 4 hours of sleep, we're both ready for a nap before getting ready for tonight. Not sure how Brazilians do it.. they must have some sort of party gene along with the good looking gene, friendly gene, accomodating gene, etc.

Ate lago,

Britt&Meesh

3 comments:

  1. looks like you guys are having an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are having a good time. I'm super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys,
    I wish I was there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete