I always thought that I had a large family, but Andre's family makes the San Jose family look extemely small. Hard to imagine, I know. It seems like everyone is related here! On Friday after our adventures at Praia de Pipa, we went to Andre's cousins house for a night of fun. We quickly learned that the room full of boys that we were hanging out with were all related! We also learned that Brazilians do not sleep, as we found ourselves teaching them American drinking games and learning Brazilian Forro dancing until the sun rose and the rooster crowed at the break of dawn. After a bit of sleep, the boys cooked us another traditional Brazilian dish for lunch then we set out to the families summer beach house at Praia da Pitangui for the weekend. It was a weekend of Brazilian favorites- Beach, family, COLD beers, dancing/singing, eating, and more COLD beers. Cold beers is a must in Brazil. They will not drink it if it is warm. Actually, the way they drink beer is very different than in the states. At a bar, they will order one large beer (around 22 ounces) and then share it in little cups with everyone. No one drinks their own bottle or can. We also got a chance to play foot volley and volleyball during the day and even got to night swim with all of the cousins. It hadn't occured to us till yesterday that these past few days at the beach has been our first experience with the Atlantic Ocean. Very cool.
It is going to be very hard to leave Natal on Wednesday, the beaches are gorgeous and their family has been absolutely amazing to us. They have been helping us with our Portuguese, and we have even taught them a bit of English. We get a kick out of the way that they say our names though. Michelle is Mi-shelly and apparently Brittany is very hard for them to say. As they make up all kinds of ways to say Brittany. Even my nickname Britt seems to come out like Britch, not a nickname I'd like to have. I think I might need a Brazillian name for the rest of our travels.
We have two more eventful days in Natal until we begin our journey down to Joao Pessoa.
Ate Logo
Britt&Meesh
No comments:
Post a Comment